Power Window Controls

wucantstop

My rear passenger window is not working properly from the driver's door controls. From the front seat, I can put it down, but when I try to put it up, it doesn't work. From the controls in the back, on the same door as the semifunctional window, it works both up and down. I was wondering if you guys know anything about this problem. I'm thinking it might be a dusty/grimy contact in my driver's side window switch, but I haven't taken off any of the door panels in my Lex yet and want to know if it's an easy endeavor and if getting into the switch with some wd-40 or something would be easy and help. Thanks.

Getting into the masterswitch is not anything to difficult, you just need the following tools.

1.) flat headed screw driver

2.) phillipshead screwdriver

a) With the flat head screwdriver GENTLY pry up the master window switch from the rear, and it should pop out easily.

B) Unplug the wiring harness

c) there will be 3 phillips head screws holding the switch to the wood grain remove them to seperate the master switch.

d) now looking at the master switch on the black plastic there are 6 phillips head screws holding it together, after removing gently seperate making sure none of the springs fall out.

e) using a eletronic contact cleaner (radio shack) clean the contacts, I would not recommend using WD-40

Reassemble and test if this does not fix the problem the switch might be going out.

I have a spare master window switch that the door lock switch cap broke off

however all the window switches work you can mount your black top to it and be up and running with no problems. let me know

:cheers:

Excellent advice, Fatman. I would only add that it helps to gently stretch the 5 upright springs, since they tend to lose their tension over time, making the buttons less responsive. Other than that, you clearly described how I solved the same exact problem I had in my '94. And the windows have been great for over 6 months.

same problem in my 94 but the little plastic rod that goes into the rocker on the back of the switch had broken so sometimes it made the rocker move enough on the master switch

i got another JDM part and switched the internals and now it works perfectly

Hey fatman,

Thanks for the help. I took out the door switches easily with your directions and upon getting off the buttons, I found that it looks like the contact in question (the rear passenger up switch) is broken/missing. Is there any chance I could buy that extra switch off you? I tried to PM you, but for some reason I can't. Please get back to me. My e-mail is wucantstop@aol.com. Thanks.

Sure no problem 75.00 for the switch and 25.00 for overnighting costs just email me at arthur@mortgagestar-sc.com, you can send paypal payment to the same email address. Once payment is recieved I will ship it out. This offer is good for anybody