Can't Turn Trac Control Off!

wucantstop

I've got a '94 LS and just recently, when I tried pressing the TRAC OFF button, I noticed it wouldn't work. The button no longer clicks into place like it used to and the dash light doesn't come on. It seems like the traction control is working fine, but I'd like to be able to turn it off, especially when it gets to be winter and snowy. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Let me know please. thanks.

Also, I just noticed the power in my front cigarette lighter seems to be really weak (it takes an extra long time to get hot and won't power my cell-phone charger) while the one in the back has stopped working completely. Could the problems be related and could the traction control problem possibly have something to do with a fuse? Probably not since the button won't even click down, but I'm hopeful. Where is the Lex's fuse box located? Also, how do I disconnect the traction control if it seems like repairs would be a hassle?

well i had the TRAC light in my dash and had no idea what caused it so just took it to the dealer. after getting a 85 dollar bill and 2.50 for parts it was just a fuse. but this is a bit different from your problem. if you want to disable traction controll just pull the fuse. it is either in the engine compartment or by your foot in the kick panel.

• 14 years later...