Bike Rack vs Rear Sensors

Our 2018 RX-450h has a hitch mounted bicycle rack.  The rear sensors will not allow the vehicle to backup - it generates a sensor warning, a BRAKE dash message, and applies the brake.  There must be a technical configuration short of turning off all the sensors to allow the vehicle to backup.  HELP!

I'm sure that there is an Easter egg hidden in there somewhere that would fix that problem, but odds are, Lexus isn't going to admit that.  I, personally, would not wanna disable that feature. I was backing out of a parking spot near the corner of a building in my 18 RX and looking at the backup camera, everything looked clear.  And all of sudden, there's this Nasty jolt.  A car came flying around the corner of the building.  Cross track saw it coming (and locked the brakes), but I would not have seen it in time to hit the brakes manually.

We tried turning off PKSA and that didn't work. We reactivated PKSA and turned only ICS off and (VOILA!) we can backup without the vehicle braking.  The PKSA was actively sounding a warning signal, but not braking.

Thank you for pointing us in the right direction.

That is nice to know!  

If you guys ever buy or rent a model RX or SE (2020 or later), the term Intelligent Clearance Sonar (ICS) was discontinued in the  Op Manual.

ICS was changed to “intuitive parking assist function”.  The icon is still under PKSA in the meter switches. But the icon is the [P)))] symbol which does the same thing.