1995 Sc400 Hesitation

PBL

I have tuned up my car this past winter with new plugs, rotors & caps, pvc, antifreeze and air filter (car has 49,000 miles on it). The car ran great for the past couple of months but lately I have notice a hesitation off the line, like a loss of power for a moment (like it can’t get air) than the engine opens up fine. I have cleaned the air filter, which looked great but not sure what else to check. I have never put a timing light on the engine to check it and did notice marks on the flywheel pulleys when tuning it up, should I and how would I make adjustments with two distributors? Thank you for your help :)

Not sure but a free try is to disconnect your battery from the car for a minute or two.

This will wipe the processor back to ffactory and if you had bad gas recently, the computer will !Removed! the engine to keep it from getting damaged.

I think you loose about 20-40 horse when the cpu retards the engine from this bad gas detection function.

It won't hurt but you will have to reset your clock and raio stations.

Hey, thanks for the useful tip. I finally got around to disconnecting the battery last night and I do notice a difference in acceleration. I would say it is 75% better. Thanks again for your help :)

I occassionally have the same problem when I run the car without much warming up. It happens as I push the gas very soft for soft starting. When the car hesitates a bit, as I hit the gas harder, it will regain the torque.

I will try disconnecting the battery as well.