RX350 Defective Rotors

ShireeRoseT

My 2017 RX350 in 19 months has had 4 sets of brakes and rotors with only 14K miles.   I purchased this vehicle as a CERTIFIED PREOWNED and have had nothing but issues with the brakes and rotors.   

My dealership is finally filling a claim with Lexus North America because they their factory rotors are defective.  They have replaced mine at no charge 3 times with very little mileage on them.  Please note I did file a complaint with Lexus North America,  which they basically did nothing,  and I did file a complaint with the BAR (BUREAU OF AUTOMOTIVE REPAIRS) before I actually got their attention.  Before that they continually said it was my driving habits.   I agreed to let them pull my entire vehicles driving report which they did.  It showed no aggressive driving.   As I informed them we've had no traffic violations for over 35 years  and no accidents.   I stated from the beginning Lexus is using defective rotors.   Now finally on the 4th time this vehicle is in with the same issue they agree and are replacing all 4 brakes and rotors and have decided to file a claim against Lexus North America. 

If your experiencing the same problem have your dealership jump on board.  Don't be tortured as I've been.   This occurrence they've had my vehicle for 19 days.  

Lexus North America recall your defective rotors now before someone gets injured or killed.  What are you possibly thinking. 

What are the symptoms that caused you to take your vehicle in for service? I did check Consumer Reports for any red flags regarding brakes and only the 2016 RX350s' brake category was rated average vs much better than average for most other years of this model.

The shop should've measured each rotor's "runout" using a dial indicator. 
Also, I wonder if they checked the ABS module. This type of module will pulse the brakes if certain inputs are detected. For example, while you are rounding a curve in the road and applying the brakes, the module will pulse them.

Another type of check would be to swap new rotors onto a different RX350 that is not having the pulsation problem. Of course, if that RX then has a pulsation problem, then the rotors are at fault, but if there is no pulsation, the rotors are not at fault.