Sunroof Jiggle (hi, I'm New...)

socal7

Hi, I'm new to the board, on my second IS. First one was purchased Feb 2002 and then traded it for a 2003 IS in August 2003. The first one within 6 months had a little jiggle of something small in the sunroof on the driver's side when it was open. Not tilted up, fully open either 75% or all the way back.

The 2003 started the same thing after about 2 months, same side and same jiggle. My dealer said it was probably the piece(s) in the sunroof jiggling with the wind, but it happens just going over a speed bump at 5 mph sometimes... have a friend who specializes in Lexus repair and he was dumbfounded after examining it for a few.

I've driven a few other IS' when mine was in for some standard work and sure enough, same thing on every single one. Anyone else ever experienced this phenomena? Any ideas?

Thx,

Jamie

B)

Thanks for the info B, do you know in particular a dealer or someone who knows about this rubber/foam?

I've had 2, not 1, but 2 different dealer service departments in my car who heard the noise, but couldn't fix it. One even went so far as ordering a new piece of the mount, installing it, and still being clueless "why it didn't work". I'd like to go back or to a diff dealer and say, "xyz dealer says they know this will fix it, could you contact them and fix to spec".

Thanks again,

Jamie

:D