Intermittent Rattle In Left Rear Door (98 ES300)

I have the same problem, in the exact same door! I don't know how to fix the problem. I do know that, if you open up the window just a crack, it stops the rattle. So, the rattle must have something to do with the window pane . . .

Regards,

Bryan

This is kind of interesting to hear that it is much the same problems with other models of Toyota. I had heard the same thing with this in the Tundrasolutions site, and they ended up posting a fix that had something to do with the way the window track held the window? I'll have to check it out, and see how they did it- My Tundra was fine, so I didn't pay much attention to it.

Thanks for the help guys(gals)!

bdonkersgoed:

I do the same to silence the rattle but its such a cheesy fix.

tundra-lover:

I agree with your diagnosis about the window tracking frame within the door. I'll wait for your response before shuffling off to my mechanic.

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem.

These kinds of things are always hard to find.

I think it's got to do with the plastic trim around the rear window area rubbing somehow after you shut the door. I push on it and it does make a sound that I am hearing...but it's just a general plastic creaking sound...

It gets on my nerves.

I also have a good rattle by the ashtray area when I go over NYC pot-holes and bumps...

I have a 2001...

Any luck guys?