Heated Seats Swithes . . .

Hello Everyone,

Ever since I first got my 1992 ES300 2 yeasr ago, both of the switches for the heatde seats are broken. The rocker switches rock, but they won't click into place. It is like something snapped inside.

Is there a way to fix these, or is there a place where I can get new ones?

Thanks!

Bryan

lexus dealer or junk yard will have them.thats weird that they are both doing the same thing.maybe try taking them out and cleaing them real good because maybe there dirt inside them.

Thanks bbsal . . . I called Lexus and they said one of those switches is $95.00CAN! That seems like a lot of money for such a little part . . . but then again, it is Lexus :P

Anyways, when I first got the car, the passenger side switch was broken and the driver's side was really stiff. On the way home from buying the car, I tried turing on the driver's side heated switch, and forced it too much and it broke like the other side. It looks like I will probably have to buy new switches :(

I have got the switches out of the console, but do you know how I am actually supposed to unplug them from the wiring?

Thanks!

Bryan

im pretty sure they are clipped in and may need a screw driver to release them from the harness.other then that it should be easy to replace.check a junk yard they maybe alot cheaper then the dealer.

Yeah, I am going to check out the wreckers . . . I just hope that the switches that I end up buying (if used) aren't going to break so easily like the ones that are already in my car . . . maybe I am better off buying new ones?

Regards,

Bryan

I called a bunch of wreckers and only one had the swtches. They wanted $75.00 each! Might as well buy new!

Is is possible to fix the switches if the rocker is snapped? It rocks but never clicks into place. The switches were kind of sticky and really hard to use before they ended up snapping. Have you had the same problem and fixed them before?

Thanks!

Bryan

Hehe :lol:

I might try ripping them apart myself . . . I haven't really got much to lose . . . they don't work anyways.

First I still have to unhook them from the wiring harness. I haven't really taken a good look at it yet.

Have you done this "super glue" procedure before?

Regards,

Bryan