Sc300 Intake And Exhaust?

Not too much performance gain there. Try the BFI intake. Follow the link in the faq: I will post here as well -

make your own BFI

Cat back exhaust set-ups from JIC, Greddy, Pheonix and the like as well as some custom piping are all possible. Keep in mind, it is hard to improve on the engineered systems in you're automobile. Any boasted improvements from any one modification are usually exagerated as it takes several modifications as part of a tuned system to really give a sizeable amount of power. Just intake - expect to lose power in low range. You might gain something at 6,000rpm. Exhaust - 2hp. Intake and exhaust - it will sound good. You might make a few more ponies at some point in the band with a sacrifice elsewhere. It can be worthwhile but check out the link for some good write ups.

In another respect, fancy intakes and shiny exhausts do look good when done tastefully and if that is the goal, there is nothing wrong with that. Before turbo, I had a cone intake adapter mounted to the stock MAF with a home made box and cowl. I kept the stock exhaust. Also some electric fans replaced the stock parasitic cooling fan (something that may not be a good idea), as well as an APEXi SAFC air/fuel ratio controller. An upgraded clutch and big wheels.

If you want measureable power gains then turbo or nitrous is your best option. Currently this one is running 3.5 dp to the split with 2.5 out to some high flow cans. Completely custom. That is running forced induction though. NA - I would recommend 2.5 pipe possibly omitting cats depending on state regulation and personal preference.

The gains may not be worth the risk. I can prove nothing about gains. People say it is better but I really doubt in the end it matters. The fans worked. But on hot days in traffic - if they were not on or they failed, temps rise and boilovers happen. They do work - if you wire them to be on all the time - or sucessfully wire in a t-stat. It does make room in the engine bay as well. But after seeing spikes in temperature a few times, I decided it not worth it. Unless you don't have to stop in traffic. Then it's fine. Really, the only time cooling fan is needed is when it is stopped - during movement, the air flow does a great job of keeping the temps down. So the only time parasitic drag would be noticed is when the car is at idle in traffic. With the clutch disengaged, there is no drag - there might be some weight removal benefits but minimal - unless looking for that elusive .05 seconds on the 1/4.

Others have claimed success but I've read more accounts of people installing them and then going back to stock fans on road cars.

thats really weird. all the kits that I have seen have come with all the hardware in them. The ones we sell at my job have a sensor that goes through the rad. so that gets rid of all the spike probs. Which kit did you use? I don't mean to sound like I am contradicting you I just haven't heard of any of these problems. According to all the dyno sheets that I have seen you would be freeing up 10-15 ponies and only in rare cases did ypu see major cooling problems. Lexus wouldn't have any odd ends or angles to prevent the use of electric fans do they??

No, not really any odd angles. Flex-a-lite dual 210's. They work well for the most part. I was going to upgrade the stuff to run on a temp sensor and redo the wiring but never got a chance. No contradiction taken, some people have them and like them - others don't. Personally, it's hard for me to buy a real gain because I have not seen any dyno numbers with just the fans.

Does anyone have any suggestions for intakes and exhausts for a 94 sc300? What kind of performance boost can I expect?

Real world dyno runs showed almost 10hp with an Injen intake and a GReddy exhuats. Sorry, i no longer have the Dyno chart. Hope this helps. :cheers:

10 hp where? In what range of rpm. How much torque? and where is the sacrifice. What other modifications? It doesn't help that the dyno is not available. I've never seen one with just an intake and exhaust. I have not looked near and far.