Ls430 Bluetooth Experience

billnls430

Has anyone tried phones other than what is listed on lexus.letstalk.com? I am interested in the Motorola V600. Lexus Customer Service says that a number of people have tried the Moto V600 and it wouldn' pair with the LS430 Bluetooth. Has anyone tried and had success?

:cheers:

Found the answers on ClubLexus. The Moto V600 is working OK as long as you have a recent one. Early ones had problems holding the pairing if phone or car shut off. If the phone name shows 'fffff's, then get a new phone.

i am still looking for a good phone. now i just tried my friends siemans 56 to try out my new 430. it work fine. unfortunately the telephone use is restricted by limiting use while driving. not being voice activated for dialing while driving really limits the phone's usefulness. 18 1 touchs is not enough. also you cannot dial extensions after you connect.

by the way, i also need both bluetooth & a built in speaker. i have a motorola 400(not bluetooth) but the speaker has a glitch. when the call connects there is a 1 or 2 second delay until you can activate the speaker so you hear your party so you can respond. often before you can respond the party often hangs up. I checked the 600 & it has the same flaw. i am waitng until some new nokia bluetooths are available.

good luck

ray1989

bxabe-mail@yahoo.com

Sitting here in my home office a couple of miles from the supposedly "global headquarters" of "the Bluetooth SIG in Overland Park, Kansas, USA" (information from the Bluetooth.org website) I can't help but wonder if Bluetooth phones are working well in many - or any - vehicles. All I seem to hear is complaints. Almost all the complaints I am hearing (can't dial while driving, can't enter extension numbers, problems with voice dialing, limited speed dialing) are features that are handled by basic hard wired car kits - some of which also are compatible with Bluetooth phones. I was amazed when no one at the local Lexus dealership could could provide any information on the Bluetooth interface last November when I looked at LS430's. It was if they expected me to buy a Bluetooth enabled LS430 on faith that its Bluetooth interface would fulfill my needs? Is anyone out there really having success with the Lexus Bluetooth interface? I would appreciate hearing some success stories.

Negative comments will always outweigh positive ones. All it takes is one bad apple to ruin the batch. In any case, for those Motorola V600 owners, there are firmware/flex upgrades available. As for other phones, Sony Ericsson T610/T616/T630/Z600/K700 seem to do best with bluetooth car kits from Acura, BMW and Lexus (according to some of my friends). The Siemens S56 is also another favorable handset. Nokia and Motorola show the least information on the bluetooth display on the car but offer excellent reception and quality. :)

Is anyone out there really having success with the Lexus Bluetooth interface?  I would appreciate hearing some success stories.

I purchased the Sony Ericsson T610 from CarToys, and got service from T-Mobile a week after I purchased my LS430. It took about 10 minutes to get the two talking to each other and I haven't looked back since. The only time I ever have any problems is if I leave the phone in the briefcase and then the briefcase is on the floor. Signal strength can go way down but that isn't a problem with the bluetooth.

If there is one 'complaint' that I have it is that when you have a phonebook full of multiple entries ie home, work, cell, etc. and try to transfer that to the car, it seems to only take the first entry. (just home or just cell). I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if it is just a shortcoming of the system.

Anyway, that combo works just fine....

• 3 months later...

Can anyone post a picture of their Bluetooth interface or module with model #?

I guess this means taking your NAV out.

at least if you know the model # on your NAV unit, lower right corner, it'd be helpful. I'm trying to see if I can simply get the BT module for my nav to work.

With regards to the V600 staying connected after the car is shut off and then started again ... there are two ways to turn on the Bluetooth circuitry in the V600. One way is a "temporary" turn on. If you turn it on this way it will shut off the Bluetooth circuitry when the links goes down from shutting off the car. If you go into "setup" of the Bluetooth link in the V600 and turn the Bluetooth power on (non temporary), it will always stay on and reconnect when you restart the car.