Power Steering and Electrical Failure

I had a progression of problems New Years Eve that eventually led to abandoning the car.  First, the cruise control would not function properly in a slowdown zone on I69.  Second, I noticed the power steering was gone.  I exited the highway and pulled over into a Target parking lot.  On the way, my inside electrical functions, radio, heat, display, etc... began shutting down one by one.  I had no indication of an electrical problem at the time, only the symptoms.  The headlights eventually went out but I was able to get the car parked.

The next day I got the car started after charging the battery.  I reasoned my alternator may have been out and I was surviving on battery power.  Later in the day the battery acted as if it were drained.  The battery has been tested (only 1 year old) and it checks out fine.  My local mechanic in my small town cannot get me in until next week. 

I have no codes or anything else to go on.  But any insight into my problems is appreciated.

Nye

• 2 months later...

You're exactly right. That's the alternator. That's the exact sequence that happens on all Lexus' with alternator issues. Power steering is electric in these cars. Nav screens will flash then go out.