Reviews of Armstrong Dist. PSB front & rear poly bushing kit PSB799

platoribs

I consideribg rebuilding the suspension on my 98 LS400.

considering Bilstein shocks, H&R lowering springs and PSB front&rear bushing kit.

wondering if this will make a significant difference in the feel of the car, what else should I do while i’ve Got all this stuff apart?

and finally hoping to hear real first person experience with these bushings, compared to OEM? Ease of R&R to replace bushings, etc...

what else should I do, is the a knowledgeable reasource that would talon to me and tell me how to stiffen up my LS.400 without making it uncomfortable.

thanks in advance!

https://www.armstrongdistributors.com/products/lexus-ls400-1990-2000-front-and-rear-polyurethane-bushing-kit-psb-799

hahahahahaha, if you put poly in your front suspension hahahaha, you will  stiffen up your LS400, like IRON ...

I put them in mine, and left them there for one whole day, thinking how dumb can I be, and took them out... 

but you go ahead, it will probably ride better in Ill, than Tex. hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

I've used some poly bushings on my LS, with good success, but not for all the possible locations listed in that kit illustration:  Rear trailing arm/carrier bushings (Armstrong) and sway bar links (Daizen, IIRC).  For R&Ring the trailing arm bushings, I used a recip saw to cut out the remnants of the original bushings, which were toast on both of the LSes I've owned.  For some of the others, I suspect you may need access to a hydraulic press.  Installation was easy, as one would expect with three-piece poly bushings.  They've worn well for me; I've not replaced them so far (a few years/60k miles).

Front upper control arms are enough of a wear item that the whole thing gets replaced when the upper ball joints inevitably wear out, so I don't bother there. 

At least you have some options for shocks on the later cars; earlier LSes are pretty limited in the numbers of options available for good quality shocks.

In my case, the poly swar bar bushings tightened things up, handling-wise.  I went with an Addco rear sway bar to take that further.  I've stuck with stock springing and KYB shock inserts, due to limited choices and the fact the car still occasionally gets used to carry clients in my business.  I like the stock ride characteristics, but do like to be able to hustle around corners.  The minor mods made my car more tossable, with fairly neutral steering characteristics in the twisties.

HTH.

Paul