07 Gs450h "check Hybrid System" failed *need HELP!"

Hi Guys,

Couple weeks ago, my Lexus hybrid system light came on. I took the car to a  local Lexus dealer. They charged me $160 just to test the engine light and  told me to replaced my hybrid battery for $6,700. I am so broke I declined the replacement.  Last week, I opened the hybrid battery and tested all cells. Turns out all cells are fine. I reassembled the battery back in place and drove it for another week. Today while driving 70 mph on the highway the "warning hybrid light" comes on again  including check VSC, check ECB. Does anyone here has the same problem like it do? I know the battery is fine. Could the battery converter causing this problem?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you.

IMG_6376.JPG

IMG_6266.JPG

• 10 months later...

Is your car throwing any codes?  Also does is sound like the Gas engine is stuttering and then dies?  Could be a dirty throttle body or bad throttle body sensor....I know it is a hybrid by the way, I have an RX400h. 

• 7 months later...

Are you guys testing the battery cells under load charging and recharging?

I get the check battery light every 100 miles or so because I am sure some of my cells are weak, but I use a portable hand scanner to erase the code and the car drives fine for awhile.

When the CEl comes on sometimes the gas engine still runs when at a stop or idle when the batteries are full, when t should not

JVasquez even if the batteries are in bad shape if the car starts it doesnt need the hybrid juice the gas engine should be on all the time if there is gas in the tank.