Fuel Type

Polo67

Polo67,

Your ES350 is perfectly happy with regular unleaded fuel, and the engine was designed to use it specifically. Yes, you could put premium or mid grade fuel in it, but you wouldn't notice a performance difference, you won't hurt the engine, but you'd be wasting money you didn't need to spend.

One of my toys is a 370z Roadster that requires premium unleaded fuel. Its labeled right on the gas gauge and on the inside of the fuel cap door as such. To not use premium fuel in it could cause detonation and melt pistons under hard acceleration. That engine was designed to use only premium fuel. To use a different grade would be foolish.

Save your money for insurance, new tires, oil changes, all of those things that go along with car ownership, and forget about the fallacy that you need to use the best grade gasoline possible in every car. After all, the ES is not a sports car.

• 7 months later...

A good tier 3 fuel  ( tier 3 is one with a high level of cleaner) works well If

Old gas gums up and engine so I try to get gas at places that sell a heck of a lot of it and hopefully is one of the oil company's stations.   I try to go with a busy exxon station  or a BP.  The best deal is Costco, their gas is great. 

Stay away from Sams club gas.  If a fuel is dark and smells a little like used motor oil it will mess up your modern engine.