key programming without master key

Hy everyone. hello.gif

First of all, I apologize about my English . . . I'm french ! biggrin.gif

I post here because after I had read lot on the subject, I can't have an answer about my questions.

I'm a RX400h 2007 french owner and I bought it three years ago with only one black key with 3 remote  buttons, fully functionnal !
My seller (multi mark seller not Lexus one) wasn't honest by mail and phone and after I spent 3 hours by train and one hour by taxi, he give me only one key and told me "Do you want it or no" . . . and I bought it ! argue.gif

In 2015, I tried to get another key with my Lexus Local Seller, but he told me he couldn't because my key is actualy known by "calculator" as a wallet one (not a master one) and so he couldn't programm a new one !
I tried to get one key with a local key store, and I've now a key without buttons and I can start engine with it but I can't switch off alarm with it so it is not very usefull.
I bought a new blank key with remote on internet that was cut by a key store but wasn't programmed because no one here can do it!

I'm now a bit lost . . .

I want to know what can I do in that conext to have a new fully functionnal key with remote !

Thanks a lot to the community and thanks before your answer. inlove.gif

Regards

Go to "real" auto Locksmith ( LS). They are be able to program a  valid lexus  made Key. I own such a business and we do it all the time!

If there are too many keys already programmed  a real auto LS can wipe the computer clean  ( just Like Clinton) and re program the  keys you have.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, bayray:

Thanks for this info.  How much does it cost to program a Lexus key?  We have a key for other Lexus car (same model), but we sold other one.  So, we can use this one for our current Lexus car, if it can be programmed.....Thanks again!

4 hours ago, mwu-longhorns said:

Hello, bayray:

Thanks for this info.  How much does it cost to program a Lexus key?  We have a key for other Lexus car (same model), but we sold other one.  So, we can use this one for our current Lexus car, if it can be programmed.....Thanks again!

4 hours ago, mwu-longhorns said:

Hello, bayray:

If its the same year and model its likely you can obtain a new shell and have a LS cut it to match the cuts  on the car you retained.

Programming cost depends the area you are in plus the distance the mobile LS must travel to. Figure >$125 - $200 or the new shell , cut and programmed.

if its push start it may not work since those need to be unlock to  program them.. Good Luck

• 6 months later...

I purchased a 2005 RX330 from a dealer in Rhode Island. The master key was lost, there was only one  Master key and a spare key that can lock/unlock  car manually and of course start vehicle.  The Lexus dealer will NOT provide me the P/N for the remote for this car,stating than I could go then after market and attempt to get a new Master key that will operate the entire vehicle. It did not take a rocket scientist to know the dealer was right. However,  I have a very limited base key only. I would appreciate any counsel how I might get a new master key made.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...