AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

datarecovery

Broken AISIN timing belt pulleys. Ever see any before

This is a new car to me that I bought with the no start engine. Only 42000 miles since last timing belt change . Here's what I found when I opened it up.

Several bolts on water pump  housing were loose. Alternator lower bolt was broken. The tensioner pulley was completely  broken apart so I don't have any pictures of that . Water pump shaft was bent and water composed inoperative. That's why the coloring on the water pump pulley is shows discoloring from the Heat. Who knows what happened in terms of the sequence....

Anyone ever see this on a Lexus? I've had 10 Lexus before, worked as a mechanic 30 years, and I've never seen this before.

IMG_20171110_185810.167.jpg

IMG_20171110_191406.155.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By datarecovery
      Selling to highest bidder on eBay. I suppose it is appropriate to post here:
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/122659862496?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2648
      It has been a good car. Rebuilt ECU according the LSCowboy and Yamae recommended capacitors. Shifts like a dream.
      New transmission mount and timing belt and water pump done this past week 8/20/17.
      Leather as seen in pics but I just found an exact car with nicer leather seats also 110K, that I can give you that info if you are interested.
      If interested in this car please reach me at 781-449-9990. I and the car are located in Sarasota Florida. Always has been a Florida car.

• By AZcelsior
      Hey everyone, 1st post on this site because I need some serious help. I tackled the timing belt this weekend and am ready to install the new t-belt, but the cams moved on me. How can I move them back and where is TDC for this engine? Is it at the 50 degree mark or at the "T" mark? I've managed to confuse myself and want to be 100% sure as this is a critical procedure.. Thanks
    • By ffl3883
      Hello,
      I have a 1999 LX470, 140k miles. I noticed there is strange noise (sounds like servo motor or some kind of !Removed! sound). when I first turn the key to light up the dash also when I press brake several times. It also happens frequently during driving when I press brake pedal. Brake still functions. Here is a YouTube link. 1999 LX470 Noise Behind Dash 
      you might need to put on headphone to hear the noise clearly in the YouTube video. Just wondering what the problem is . Any thoughts and gauidance are appreciated. 
      Regards
      Felix
    • By Travie H
      Alright need some advice on what oil to use for my Ls400 90. I normally use 10w-40 Castrol GTX due to previous owner who had the car would use 10w-40 so I just continue doing the same but yeah let me know ?
    • By Trevor Catt
      Great video of a Lexus RC-F with Twin Superchargers - Initial Engine Start....Enjoy!