Improving the High Beams on 2013 GS450H

Fellow Lexus Owners, Has anyone wanted to improve the High Beam Headlights on a 2013 GS450H??

I know the High Beams get activated by a small mirror being moved by a solenoid, diverting the available HID Light toward the side beveled reflector.

For me, its just doesn't seem like enough of that light is getting projected out to the surrounding area.

I have even considered changing the headlight assemblies to the LED Version that was an option back then. Then I saw the cost .....Picked myself off the floor, and said.....O/K, what is plan B, C, or D.

Any Ideas???.

The optional LED headlamps of the 2013 GS450h aren't necessarily better than the HID headlamps you have now.  As the IIHS has found in their tests, there is no correlation between light source type (halogen, HID, LED) and performance:   http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings    The IIHS found that optional headlight systems were often worse that the standard systems.

IMO, your best move is simply to verify that your headlamps are working correctly and aimed properly.

Modern headlamps have become too complex to muck with - not like the old days of standard headlamp unit sizes in North America when one could slap a set of E-code Cibie or Hella units into a car and get a vast improvement.  I did that on countless vehicles.

I wish the IIHS would test the headlights of all vehicles.  I'm getting tired of blindly (pun intended) buying vehicles with HID and LED headlights and just hoping they will be good.

• Like 1