AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Replacing cabin air filter in a 2003 Lexus ES 300 with an aftermarket filter. New filter has an arrow indicating air flow. Should the filter be installed with the arrow pointing UP or DOWN? Several conflicting opinions on other sites. 

cabin air filter.jpg

BeachBumForever,

Check the old one you took out.

Its dirty side is the side that pulls the air from the outside into the car. Which way does the arrow on it point in relation to the dirty side of the old filter?

That'll show you which way to install the new filter.

Installed the new aftermarket filter with the arrow for air flow pointing down and seems to be working. Blower is then moving air from ABOVE to Below the filter into the cabin. Any other comments or opinions?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By TreyA123
      Just wanting some opinions and maybe intake names and examples. I would like to get one very soon here and I'd like to know which ones people have gotten and how well they have worked for you. As well as installation troubles or ease. Thanks!
    • By robdog2014
      I was driving down the road and randomly pressed on the accelerator my engine started to sputter, I noticed if i held the pedal down, i slowed, but if i pressed ever-so-slightly it would operate normal, as i was coming to the bottom of a hill i pulled off and let the engine rest for about 45 mins, (less then 500 yards from my house) I started back up with out problems, accelerated normally and pulled up to the house, when i got to the drive way and hit the gas, it sputtered and died. pushed it up and parked it. I called a few local places and they cant tell without a 200$ check (outrageous!) I can't drive the car knowing there could be a problem, I also know my check engine light is on for my O2 sensor, Could that be it? Any fixes you can offer?!!
    • By Researcher883
      2006 Lexus LS430.
      Can someone distinguish the difference between an "A/C Filter" and a "Cabin Air Filter" and a plane "Air Filter" in specifically
      the 2006 LEXUS LS 430?
      Is the "Cabin Air Filter" the same as the "A/C Filter" and the same as the warning "Replace A/C Filter" on dashboard?
      Is it correct to say:
      1. The "A/C Filter" is located under the hood in front right corner behind Grill and Right Front Headlight.
      2. The "Cabin Air Filter" is located behind the Glove Box behind a panel which has to be removed to access it.
      3. How do I "RESET" the warning light "Replace A/C Filter"?
      4. Does this warning light indicate to replace both?
      It appears the 2006 is much different from the earlier LS430 model years like the 01, 02 and 03
      Thanks Guy for all your help!
    • By jebrx 350
      I need to replace my engine and cabin filters and can't locate where and how to do so. I'm hoping that someone can post clear diagrams / video / instructions so I can do this job myself. I was told by tech that it (intake) was checked and I didn't need to change it but I have 17 K miles on these filters and want to be sure. Recently when having tires R&B the clerk showed me the engine filter location and said it would take 30 mins. because of the electronics hooked up. Sorry, I don't believe everything I'm told and need the truth from an outsider. Looking forward to some expertise advise on my 2009 RX350. Thanks,