5 RELAYS BLEW SOS

Betooo

I changed the battery on Sunday and before everyone says I put it on backwards I'm not an idiot and know negative and positive so I changed the battery and the terminals because when I bought the car they were all !Removed! up. So I changed the battery in the parking lot of an autozone and when I finished I got back in and drove home everything was perfect I drove the car like 5 times later that day and the next day on Monday I went to work and when I got off I heard the noise that fuses make when they pop and lost all power to anything. I checked the fuse box and the fuses were fine but 5 of the relays were toasted. Does anyone have any idea where to start checking for shorts or anything since I have no knowledge on electricity 

IMG_0655.JPG

Also if anyone lives in Los Angeles area that's interested in a 99 ls400 I'm selling this one for dirt cheap it's a black with grey paint on the outside black leather on inside with wood trim 

Seems like you have a Short from power to ground. I'd start by getting a wiring diagram. Figure out what those relays are for which circuit. Then grab a volt meter and see where your short is coming from, it's possible that it's in the junction block or after the junction block. Are there any after market electronics wired into the car? Or has the car been take apart before?

On 9/24/2017 at 7:58 AM, Lexus_DK said:

Seems like you have a Short from power to ground. I'd start by getting a wiring diagram. Figure out what those relays are for which circuit. Then grab a volt meter and see where your short is coming from, it's possible that it's in the junction block or after the junction block. Are there any after market electronics wired into the car? Or has the car been take apart before?

Car is completely stock only thing that has been changed is the battery and that's when this happened. How hard is it for someone with no electrical background to grab a volt meter and check it like you're saying