'92 LS400 cold start stumbling

jerryparks

I just changed the alternator on my 92 LS400. The next day, the car started to stumble on start up. It only lasts for approx. a minute. Did I possibly forget to re-connect something? Is there a cold start item on the car that I need to check?  Where is it located?   Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

What can you forget? You only need to remove 1 wire at the terminal B post, a connector that has 3 wires on. Unless you broke some other cables when taking it out of its position, I don't think you can forget stuffs replacing the alternator. Or maybe the connector was not pushed all the way. Did you hear a click when you push the connector back in. One other question is: did you check if the alternator perform well after install? It happened to me that I have to return the unit because it was defected. 

Yes, the alternator is working great.   I have a one extra question. Where is the fuel filter on these cars?  I can not see it, even with a flashlight. I want to change the filter as this could be my problem  Thanks for your  comment

27 minutes ago, jerryparks said:

Yes, the alternator is working great.   I have a one extra question. Where is the fuel filter on these cars?  I can not see it, even with a flashlight. I want to change the filter as this could be my problem  Thanks for your  comment

The fuel filter is in the rear. 

How to Replace the Fuel Filter