Tire Pressure Monitor

wineluver

Tire pressure warning lite flashing then steady. Recently replaced tires. Checked pressure in all tires including spare. All spot on. Followed instructions for initializing system, but lite still flashing and then steady. As I check my tires weekly not to worried, but would like warning lite to go away. Best of my knowledge valves and transmitters are original. Any suggestions?

wineluver,

TPMS systems can drive you crazy when they don't properly reset after the initialization. Sometimes you have to trick them into behaving.

Raise each of the 5 tires' pressure to say 5 or 6 lbs over the recommended pressure, as stated on the driver's door sticker, and then drive the car at over 30 mph until the TPMS light goes out.

Then bring each of the tires back down to the recommended pressure, and you should be good to go. This has worked for me in the past.

You may find that you'll have to reinitialize the system after the 5 or 6 lbs pressure raise, to get the lite to extinguish, then again maybe not. Good Luck!