2004 RX330 lower control arm bushings

I just got an estimate for $2600 from a local shop. He said they'd have to pull the engine, and calculated 16 hours labor. I know almost zero about working on cars, but this doesn't sound right to me. Any thoughts?

They are technically right. It even says it in the repair manual from Lexus. A portion of the lower control arm is bolted under the side engine mounts. However, there are others ways around in replacing the lower control arms without removing the engine.

IMG_4175.PNG

IMG_4177.PNG

IMG_4178.PNG

If I were you, I'd try getting quotes from a few other different shops before you jump on that one. $2600 does seem a little outrageous, especially 16 hrs of labor just for lower control arms

Yea pretty much you do not have to pull engine.  just motor mounts and a little engine lifting with a floor jack.  Pretty much a rip off at $2600

And along those lines some shops will make U believe they need to pull the engine, when they know very well how to do the job without doing that. Of course the rate will be the same as if they really pulled the engine. An informed customer is the best defense. This club is like gold!!