Is this an electrical issue?

Hey guys,

I have a 2005 RX330 and I think there is an electrical issue with it. If I don't drive it for 2 or 3 days, it completely kills the battery, to the point that it can't even be charged up. Im already on my third battery. What do you think could be the culprit here? And how to do I go about diagnosing it? Unfortunately, I don't know much about the car and why it started doing this as I just bought it.

Looking forward to hearing your response! Thanks in advance!

Time to get it diagnosed.  If you don't have that ability than you need to find a reputable shop.  If you do start with an ammeter between the negative cable and battery negative and measure the amount of currant that is drawing while everything is off.  than one by one remove fuses and see which one effects the currant draw. This will help you diagnose which system in the car is causing the currant drain.  Be aware that there is always a very small current drain for the security system.  But if you see a large drain (1 amp or larger ) than there might be a issue.

quick things to check are dome light, and cargo area light, they can draw a lot of juice if left on by mistake.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you would rather not troubleshoot, yourself, take your car to an AUTO-Electric shop. They are typically more experienced with electrical issues than your average mechanic.