1995 LS400 Rear rubber suspension components

w140amg

I have a 1995 LS400 with 220k miles on it.  Non-air suspension.

Looks like the wheels in the rear are shifting during braking. I assume that this is due to worn out rear suspension components. The rear Michelin tires are shot  

I researched the forum and found Rear axle carrier bushings.  I may have to buy aftermarket bc Lexus does not sell the bushings only.

My question:  What is the best kit out there?  Any other bushings to replace back there?  What's the best strut out there?  About $360 and I can get 4 KYB although it may be a little stiffer than stock.  Struts and springs are stock and are now 22 years old.  Are coilovers worth it?

Any information and your experience with redoing the suspension system is appreciated. I completed a full tune up and timing belt about 6 months ago so, I'd love to update the suspension.

Thank you in advance.

Aftermarket is the only way to go here for the rear carrier bushings.  The ADUS poly bushings have held up well in the LS400s I've had.  Getting the old ones out goes quickly with a recip saw (just don't cut into the arm!), and putting the poly bushings is a pretty quick/easy job.

Rear strut options are pretty limited for the LS.  I installed new KYBs with fresh OE Lexus springs a couple years back.  Even so, I feel the earlier cars are way under-damped in a stock-ish situation... not sure how the second gen cars do.  In the case of your car, I'd look for Bilstein HDs, as they do make them for the second-gen cars.   I'm not sure coil-overs would be the way to go, especially if you're wanting to maintain a stock-ish feel.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Paul, Adus is all that is out there,, and I hate poly..  mine is a 99 with 216k and I would like to redo mine also.. I look for low mileage 98-2000 that have been hit in front and try to get rear suspension parts... keep us up to date..

• 2 weeks later...

In Europe a company named FEBEST sells most bushing (OEM like) for the LS400.  
I have bought some beacuse they where the only ones selling some of them.
Did not use them yet though because I got hold of OEM for the important ones. 
I have also bough different OEM stuff from Japan from AMAYAMA.COM .
Seemed like real OEM stuff in Toyota packaging.