Replace orig 2004 radio w/to 2010 SAT Radio/Nav

Lamp

I have a 2004 SC430 and would really like to have Sirius radio, without adding extra stuff to my dashboard.  I notice that the 2010 SC430 had a SAT/NAV radio.  It looks like if you removed the Nav/radio/CD/tape player on the 2004 you might be able to replace with the 2010 "stuff".  Has anyone done this before?  Is it plug and play?  Any suggestions ?  I would like to keep the clean look, and really do not need a tape player.... 

Please check out companies such as VaisTech and Grom Audio. They offer a few different options that allow you to keep the OEM radio. I swapped my 2002 radio for a 2007 radio so I could have more options. I currently use GROM Audio (with future HD radio unit), but have a stand alone Sirius Stratus 7 Player which gives me XM channels. I previously had the VaisTech SL3U for Aux Input. Check out their websites and see what's available for your car.

I installed the Vais system in my 2005- works great. There is no change, simply a additional 'mode' for the satellite radio which you can toggle to either from the steering wheel or dash.

This was my contact:

Eugene Kaspin
VAIS Technology
phone: 720-733-2348
e-mail: info@vaistech.com

Shawn, would you please post a picture of what it looks like?  Thanks. D

sorry, I'm a little busy this month preparing for board exams. I won't have time to supply photos but check out their individual websites for the products and the 2007 radio looks almost exactly like the 2002 radio but with different labels on the buttons.

ChuckSC430, I have sent an email to Eugene.  Thank you.  Can you tell me does the SAT so section show up on your GPS/Nav screen?  Or is it a sep box?  Thanks again.

I installed the Vais system in my 2005- works great. There is no change, simply a additional 'mode' for the satellite radio which you can toggle to either from the steering wheel or dash.

This was my contact:

Eugene Kaspin
VAIS Technology
phone: 720-733-2348
e-mail: info@vaistech.com

Please check out companies such as VaisTech and Grom Audio. They offer a few different options that allow you to keep the OEM radio. I swapped my 2002 radio for a 2007 radio so I could have more options. I currently use GROM Audio (with future HD radio unit), but have a stand alone Sirius Stratus 7 Player which gives me XM channels. I previously had the VaisTech SL3U for Aux Input. Check out their websites and see what's available for your car.

Shawn, 

It looks like I will need to swap out my radio as well to get compatibiity with the VaisTech option.  The Vais Tech Technician was very helpful and advised that my 2004 radio won't allow for direct connect, so to speak.  Did you replace your 2002 radio with a OEM 2007 Lexus SC430 radio?  If so, do you still have a p/n so I can try to find it.  Lexus dealer is really not much help.  I did contact Lexus on their 800 number and found out that the 2010 version is not an option.   Thanks for insight.

I don't have the part number specific for the one which I used as a replacement, but here's a site. Use the search criteria for 2006, then 2007, then 2008, then 2009. Make sure that the part number doesn't change across those years. But any of those models (2006-2009) should be an easy swap. Yes, 2010 will not work. Also keep an eye out for used radios on Craigslist and Ebay. You can do a national Craigslist search and maybe find something. There's a website called "search tempest" (or something similar) that lets you search all craigslist across North America. 

https://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.com/

• 5 months later...

I am still interested in swaping out my 2004 radio with a 2006, 2007 or 2008 radio; however, I am having trouble finding a part number for that radio which will allow for the Vais Tech SAT radio option.  Does anyone have a p/n?  When I look it up, there are a few 86120 part numbers with different ID no's and Types.... and then it will say "this radio will work with your 2004 - 2010 SC430"  I can't seem to find anything that says it was installed in 2007 models.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

• 6 months later...

Sorry, a little late but heres the photo. You can see the Grom Audio unit and my Boss Audio screen mirror unit below. But remember this is a 2007 radio in my 2002 SC430. If you're looking at Ebay and other parts sites, ask what year the "donor car" was. That's the only way, other than finding a part out, or one in a "pick a part" junk yard. You can tell that a radio is from the 2006 to 2010 models by the far right button says "TYPE" for 2006- 2010 instead of "RDS + TYPE" which means 2001-2005.

20180901_154125.jpg