2007 ES 350 coolant questions

mbogo350

My 2007 ES has 55,000 miles on it.  As I understood it at the time of purchase, the coolant was good for 100,000 miles.

Is that true, or should I change it since it is 10 years old?  It shoes no visible signs of degradation, it doesn't leak, and the temperature gauge has never climbed near 'H' (even during 117 degrees here in Vegas!).

If I do need to change it, what is the capacity of the cooling system?  I need to figure out how many gallons of distilled water I need for the flush, and how many gallons of the special coolant  I need.

Thanks

I would change it.  the Inhibiters in the coolant do break down.  USE only Toyota coolant, though expensive think of it as a long term insurance.  The coolant in Pink comes pre-mixed with water and is a matter of just filling.  Make sure the system is bled for air after filling.  I personally don't feel flushes are necessary on a vehicle that has only used the manufacturer coolant.  You will probably need two gallons minimum of the premixed.