Update navigation on 08 ls460

until Lexus offers us a more resonable price  for the update..i am sticking to my mobile phone and gps  device . i dont need Lexus nav. ..its an expensive stone age device.  the software  update can only do so much its still a stone age piece of hardware. i dont think i would want to pay $50 to update this piece of junk.  today gps is far more advanced. 

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, IctLS460 said:

I have an 07 LS is it worth it to get an update from  LEXUS and what does it cost?🤔

The 2007 LS navigation system is generation 5 and can be updated only by a Lexus dealer ... assuming navigation updates are still available for a nearly 13 model year old vehicle.  Toyota/Lexus has discontinued navigation updates in as little as four years after the last vehicle was made that used a particular nav generation.  Contact a Lexus dealership for availability and cost.

I get a kick out of seeing people who live in high population areas tell others to use their phones for navigation.  Bullsh#t.  I had to do an unplanned 200 mile drive in total darkness on rural Midwest 2-lane "black top" country roads late last Friday night where there was virtually no cell phone service.  Much of the drive was in torrential rain at low speeds ... sometimes as low as 20 mph due to poor visibility.  I was in totally unfamiliar territory with no hard copy maps.  The in-dash navigation was totally valuable.

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2019 at 7:21 PM, Bill Peloquin said:

I purchased the DVD maps from Amazon. 

I still cannot update the maps. 

That's because an owner can't buy a DVD map update on Amazon for a 2007 LS460 and update it himself.

Only a Lexus dealer can do it using a "master DVD" and the Navigation Update Tool that only Lexus dealers have.