95-00 LS400 vs 2017 Accord or Camry or Corolla

w140amg

1995-2000 LS400 with 300K miles in good condition vs 20 year newer car.

Anyone driven the 20 year old LS and a brand new Accord, Corolla or Camry?

Would love to hear comparison and experiences.

Is this a trick question?  I sold my first LS400 (a 1990 driven from new to 183,500 miles) and second LS400 (a 2000 Platinum SF driven from 38K to 180,000 miles) due to their increasing unreliability and that they didn't have safety equipment that was becoming common..  We sold our 1998 Camry (driven from new to 125,000 miles / 14 years) for similar reasons although it was much less expensive to maintain that either LS400.

Buy a new Toyota with "Safety Sense" which all Toyota models will have by the 2018 model year.  Safety Sense P for larger Toyotas, including the Camry, includes automatic emergency braking with pedestrian sensing, adaptive cruise control, Lane Keeping Assist, and Automatic High Beam:  https://www.toyota.com/safety-sense

• 2 weeks later...

Without any doubt buy the LS and you will love the ride and will last longer, do remember that these are 20 years old and needs to some periodic maintenance dont expect that it will never break loose

Components like starter motor, alternator, spark plugs will fail in the most epic style sometimes but still you will love it

• 2 weeks later...

Bought it.  Has 304,394 miles on it now. Love it, except it shakes terribly at above 72 mph.  I am sure it is is not balance, alignment or brakes.   Driveshaft?