Climate control module..intermittant pwr?

Jordo2

Hi, i have a 1989 celsior, and the pwr to the climate control panell in the dash keeps dropping out?.  Pwr seems to randomly flick on and off a bunch of times, before staying powered after 10-20mins of driving...mostly...sometimes it doesnt power up at all. Ive taken it out of the dash...thinking it may be a loose wire or connection?...but i still couldnt be sure because when i moved the wires and connections..sometimes it seemed to have an effect..then it wouldnt at all?.   It also often powers right up when the ign is initially switched on...but as i hit start..it drops out and doesnt return.  Have checked fuse..looks fine.  Can anyone help me work this out?

Thanks.

Sadly i dont have a handbook...and because there is no pwr to any of the buttons... i cant test for relay clicking.   I might try one of those ebay manuals on cd..hopefully that will cover what im looking for.

Thanks.

Depending on where you and the car live, it's also worth checking the connections from the wiring harness that runs from the engine compartment to the junction block under the dashboard.  I'm not sure if it's in the same location on RHD cars as on LHD (under the LH side of the dashboard, above where the brake pedals would be on an LHD car), but I had a power issue with my LS that ended up being slightly corroded connections at that junction. When I bought mine, it didn't run, no HVAC, etc.  I unscrewed and removed the connector, then sprayed DeOxit on the contacts and reassembled, resolving that problem and all the other running issues I had been having.

Paul

• 1 month later...