Ac don't work

My Ac in my car don't work. Like in the mornings and night it comes out fresh almost cold, but during the day in the Florida heat it comes out hot. I have put freion in and that didn't change nothing. But I did notice recently my ac button on the control panel flashes sometimes only. It is a 95 Lexus es300. 

IMG_3035.JPG

Felix814,

We need to know what car, year and mileage. If you go to the top right of the page where you signed in, you'll see your sign in signature and a down arrow. Hit the arrow and fill in your profile. It'll input your car info (other than mileage) with every post you make. Saves time, gives us a starting point to your problem.

OK, several years ago my wife's 2003 did the same thing. The research I did at that time (for flashing AC light/no AC) came up with a bad AC Compressor relay in the under hood fuse panel. It has been so problematic over the years that Toyota now uses an upgraded relay that doesn't fail to the same extent as the older version. Cost $28 or so, if I recall correctly.

Here's a post from another forum on the issue:

"The bad relay is part number 90987-02022 and the label inside the fuse box lid is "MG CLT" which stands for "magnetic clutch". It has to be replaced with part number 90987-02028 (according to LEXUS Technical bulletin EL009-05) which will cost between $70 and $100 depending on which dealer you go to (Toyota carries this too). I bought one, plugged it in and voila, the blinking stopped and the air conditioning started working again."

Find yours, take it to Pep Boys or similar, and ask for the Toyota upgraded relay, install, good to go AC.(If this is the problem, and I'll bet it is.)

Does your ac compressor kick on when you enable the AC button? Does the condenser fan kick on? If anything check to see if your ac compressor isn't locked up. You can simply do this, by turning the outer rim of the ac compressor pulley (with the engine OFF!). If it's locked and won't budge....possibly a bad compressor. At any rate, just have a shop diagnose it.

• 2 months later...

Hi I had this same problem in my 02 es300. To confirm it's the  a/c relay you can swap it out with the horn relay. If the air then works that's your problem. Toyota wanted $130 for it at my local Florida dealer. I then purchased a used one on Amazon for $15. Has been fine for 2 years now. Another trick is to take out the relay, lay it in the palm of your hand and give it a couple of good whacks with the handle of a screw driver. I did that with mine and got another year out of it before failing for good. Good luck.

I fixed the ac in my car. Issues was the expansion valve was bad and had to exchange the receiver/drier. Ac works good now only issue is the light keeps flashing but only when it wants. It doesn't do it all the time. And sorry for the late update.