Missing on and off battery disconnection

Lawrence,

Always give the year, model and mileage of your car when posting for answers. It gives us a place to start with the answers that would be very different for different years, models, and certainly mileage.

On top of that ,we need more info. When does it start missing, after warmup, when cold, at city speeds, only at highway speeds, does it stall out? Can you get it restarted if it does? And when you disconnect the battery and the ECU does a reset, how long before it starts acting up again? Do any of the dash lights flash? Do you have a check engine light on? Flashing? Have you had the codes read?

Please describe the symptoms as accurately as you can. Every piece of information can help us pinpoint the possible source of the problem.

As well, click on your sign in name (top of page) and then click on your Profile, and fill in the information. Once done, it will post your model, year and leave you just the mileage to fill in on every post. Cheers!

Gene

Thanks for the response.  it is  1993 es300 has 188,000.  In October it began missing after it warmed up.  When it was really cold under 40 it would not miss.  I replaced the plugs wires, oxygen sensors,distributor, fuel control front and back, injectors in front only, coil, igniter,  After replacing the igniter (the last part) it ran good for about 50 miles and then began to sort of miss and slowly got worse.  I then discovered that everytime i disconnected the battery and then connected it  it would run great for  about 30-50 miles.  The check engine light has never come on until this last time (I was shocked that it came on).  I disconnected the battery again last night for 1 minute reconnected and it is running as smooth as silk.   I had the codes read before I put on the igniter it was code 14 I went through the list and has done everything except the igniter and ecu.