AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Dbaqueri

Spare tire stuck in trunk and Stranded on highway

2 posts in this topic

So I got a flat tire on my 1995 ls400. I'm trying to pull out the spare tire but it's held in place by this black knob. It looks like it can be turned but I've been trying to turn it with tools for an hour but it's barely budged. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll try to post a picture.

IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0319.JPG

IMG_0323.JPG

Hi Diego.

The big black knob should come off by turning it counter clockwise. A hammer and screwdriver should get it started..... put the screwdriver against the notch on the nob and then hit the screwdriver on the handle.

From the look of the corrosion  on the rim, your black knob could be corroded to the screw bolt the knob screws onto. You need to figure out where all of the corrosion is coming from.

Paul

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By RX 330 Owner
      I rotated the tires on my NX this past weekend...

• By BigBlue56
      I have a GX470. I heard a little motor in the back of my car running twice today. Then when I got home , we took my son's hockey bag out, and the door won't shut. The lock is stuck.  I've tried disconnecting the battery, but that didn't work. All I did was remove the cables from the posts. After reattaching the cables to the battery, I just tried unlocking the doors.  It didn't work. I can't lock the doors because of that one that is keeping the door open. Is there anything I can do to release the lock so that I can shut the door?
    • By Wallybally
      Hi all.

Need a little help.

It died on me last week. The flashy lights blinked a code 12, meaning a no rpm signal.
      Suggesting a Crank Sensor replacement.
      I am trying to get it out, its on the underside.
      Problem is, it came up about 1 mm, then stopped and things broke off.
      I am guessing I am not the first one having problems getting a 25 year old sensor out.
      Is there a way to get it out by drilling ? Does the hole have a bottom ?
      If not, when I drill it out, will stuff go in the hole and cause problems ?

Thanks.

Walter
    • By Kentzo
      Hi everyone,
      The fuel door on my Lexus ES300 1997 stuck open and does not close. What could it be and what replacement parts do I need?

• By NathanWinklepleck
      I'm sitting in a parking lot. 2001 Lexus ES300 won't even respond. Locks nothing. Engine not even trying to turn. No security light on. Key won't unlock or lock. Car battery isn't issue. Any ideas?