AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

ACOLexus

New Member Seeking Tire Advice

5 posts in this topic

I am a new member living in Alabama with a 2008 ES350 that has 57,150 miles. I purchased a set of expensive Michelin Defender's just a 3 years ago and only got 10,000 miles out of them. I am again in the market for tires an am in need of your help. My Lexus is in great shape. It only requires gas and oil changes. There are no problems and it is well cared for. It has never been in an accident and I'm not wearing out the brakes so there is no reason for the excessive wear on the tires other than they did not live up to the 90,000 mile promise. Can you recommend the best tire for my Lexus?

Did the tires wear weird?   I have that tire on both my RX400h and my Ford F150 and they are way past 40k miles.  Did you get your alignment checked? 

No, they have normal even wear but I was mistaken. I check my mileage and it is higher than I remembered. It's actually 4 years ago that I purchased the tires and almost 40,000 miles of use so I may have been a little too criticle on them. I still would have hoped they would have gotten me further. 

Well I will keep everyone updated on my RX400h for the tire wear on Michelin Defenders.

Thanks! I appreciate it and hope you get good performance from yours.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Mama K
      Greetings!
      I've lurked this site for a number of years, so I guess it's time I became an official member.  I bought my '07 ES350 new in '06 and it's been a great car....I plan on hanging onto her as long as I can.  She has the original rims, which are now leaking like a sieve in the cold weather.  I had no problems with tire leakage until I bought the first set of replacement tires, but ever since it's been a constant battle having the wheels "cleaned" and "sealed" at the tire shop.  I need to purchase a set of replacement rims but am undecided where to buy, what brand, how much I need to spend and all.  She's black, so I think silver or chrome would look the best. I have OEM 215/55R17 tires.  Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
      (If the old rims are not out-of-round and just need a GOOD refinishing, I'll likely keep them on hand as an extra set.)

• By Pritz
      Looking for recommendations for all season tires for 2004 RX 330 - the current size is 235/55/18. After doing some research I was leaning towards Michelin Premier A/S or Bridgestone H/L Alenza Plus.  My local tire store is recommending that I consider Cooper or Nokian and said to stay away from Michelin and Bridgestone. Any help would be appreciated!

• By BeachBumForever
      I just purchased a 2003 ES 300, pristine condition with 208,000 miles. The tires are pretty well worn and I would like fellow LOC members to recommend their favorite tires. I am in the SE so no driving in snow with a 70% city/30% highway driving ratio. More interested in comfort and quietness than performance. Any recommendations will be welcomed with your comments.
    • By ZekeH
      I'm a first time member so please go easy if I'm breaching all kinds of protocol.
      I recently bought a 2012 RX350 with low mileage, the third Lexus I have owned over many years. It came with the 19" wheels and still has the OEM Dunlop tires. Since I bought the car, it has become apparent that this car rides like a go-cart (even compared to my daughters CRV that I'm driving while she's overseas!) and I'm trying to decided how to approach this. Will replacing the OEM tires with Michelins make a dramatic difference? Should I consider replacing the 19" wheels with 18" wheels? Did I just buy the wrong vehicle?
      Thanks in advance for any advice.
    • By LS400newbie
      Hi, I recently purchases a 1990 lexus Ls400 with the intention to stance it. Im planning on getting 18 inch rims but have no Idea what size tires to get for the nice stance look. Will 18 inch fit in it? What size wheels and tires are you guys running on yours? please help me out im a newbie