2011 RX350 Cooled Seats Don't Cool

Go the Lexus of Huntsville, search their 2018 used Toyota inventory of RAV4.  There is only one white RAV4 XLE there.

It’s mine. I had it for 2 months and put 750 miles on it. Toyota refused to help me with the fact that none of the warning buzzers were loud enough for me to hear.  When they got rude, I told THEM to buzz off and I sold the Rav.  No more Toyota Toyotas for me.

The RX seats are VENTILATED, not cooled or air conditioned.  The fan pulls ambient air from beneath the seat.  That's it in a nut shell.  On another forum, there was a long thread about folks fabricating duct work to re-direct the air coming from the rear seat floor vents to the seat fans to draw in cooler air.  They had some limited success, but had to remove the seats several times to get the duct work to work best. 

• 1 year later...
On 5/15/2017 at 1:56 PM, Steve1952 said:

My 2011 RX350 has heated and cooled seats. The heat works, but they won't cool. I can hear the blower motors on both seats, but no (or almost no) air comes through. I also have a 2007 GS350, and they work fine, so I know how it's supposed to work.

My theory is that the cooling vents are clogged or they've become unattached to the AC unit. Has anyone experienced this, and if so, how do you fix it? Thanks,

Steve

I would check under the seat to check the hoses that feed the seat cool air. The hoses may have ripped or came loose. I repaired a cooled seat on my 2015 Genesis by using HVAC tape to repair a torn hose that was loose. The seats started to cool again. Hopefully, the issue on your RX350 is a similar easy fix.