2016 LS 460 Can't reset maintenance message

Hi, fellow Lexus Owners!

I have a 2016 LS 460. I had the oil and filter changed as required by the maintenance schedule and the never-ending message on the display panel!

I cannot reset the "Oil maintenance required" message. I have gone through the steps on page 436 no less than 20 times. The message continues to reappear.

Here are the steps I am doing to reset the message:

1. Start the car.

2. Set the Trip odometer to Trip A.

3. Turn the car off.

4. While pressing the Reset button next to the Trip button,  I turn the ignition switch to the "On" position by pressing the ignition switch twice.

5. The message "Resetting maintenance data" appears with a progress bar below. The progress bars shows all data is reset.

6. The message "Complete" then appears.

7. Then the message "Oil maintenance required" reappears!

If there is a step I missed that says to "rub your stomach while patting your head," I guess I missed it!

Anyone have this problem or see what I am doing wrong or not doing?

Thanks...Bill

Bill: Stop rubbing stomach. The below procedure, I have used frequently, slightly different than what you posted has never filed me. Try it & pray.

Good luck.

This procedure should be used to reset the light when maintenance has been performed:
1) Turn ignition switch to the ON position.
2) Set the Odometer/Trip Display to the ODO mode
3) Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
4) Depress and HOLD the Trip Meter RESET button while turning the ignition switch to the ON position.
5) The Service Maintenance Reminder Light will: a. Illuminate solidly for 3 seconds; b. Blink for 2 seconds; c. Illuminate solidly for 1 second; d. Turn off.
6) Release the Trip Meter RESET button.
7) Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
8) Turn the ignition to the ON position, and confirm that the Service Maintenance Reminder Light goes out.
NOTE: If the light continues blinking in step 5a, turn the ignition off, and repeat the procedure from step 1.

Venny, thanks for the response.

I tried your method 3 times but I got the same results..."Oil maintenance required!" It didn't even do the "Resetting maintenance data" message.

11 minutes ago, Lexus_DK said:

Have it set to Trip B, and perform the same procedure.

Well what do you know, Lexus_DK! Your method worked! I tried it one time and it reset!

How did you know that? I noted this in the Oweners Manual too!

Thanks a million!

P.S. One would think, with all of the buttons in a Lexus, there would one "Maintenance Reset" button under the dash or in the glove compartment to make this process a little easier on the owners.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, txdabj1 said:

Well what do you know, Lexus_DK! Your method worked! I tried it one time and it reset!

How did you know that? I noted this in the Oweners Manual too!

Thanks a million!

P.S. One would think, with all of the buttons in a Lexus, there would one "Maintenance Reset" button under the dash or in the glove compartment to make this process a little easier on the owners.

No problem, Glad it worked out. I'm a technician. Its part of what I was trained to do

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/24/2017 at 9:20 PM, Lexus_DK said:

Have it set to Trip B, and perform the same procedure.

That worked like a charm for me on my 2016 LS460 L today. Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...