Timing Belt - Max Life on 98LS400 ?

Timing belt is at its 90k maintenance time, overall the car has 270k now. I am planning to keep the car for 30,000 more miles (4 years) at which time it will have resale of basically -0-. Trying to decide on the gamble of not replacing. Wouldn't be the end of the world if the gamble failed and I had to buy its replacement earlier than I want to. Your advice on pushing the life of a timing belt?

It is and has been throughout this belt cycle just a daily driver to and from work for me, basically 20 miles a day and a little running around on the weekends. Hardly ever with passengers, and pretty sedate driving patterns.

A 1998 engine is an interference engine.  Thus, if the belt breaks, the engine is toast, and you will have realized a net book value of $0.  If I were in your shoes, I would get the belt replaced soon.  You might find that you want to keep the car a little longer if there's nothing else wrong with it.  A paid off car is a wonderful thing!

I just sunk money into replacing shocks, upper control arms sway bar end links and repaired a couple holes in the exhaust pipes. It runs, sounds, and rides better than the nicer cars that I rent when I travel for work.

LS's seem to hold value over other cars. If you where driving a ford of some sort then no don't fix it, its not worth it. But a Lexus and a Mercedes are worth the fixing, they seem to both hold value longer than most others.