Transmission Stuck In 3rd Is250 06 A960E P2714 P2757 P0761 Torque Converter

Is250 2006 150K RWD A960E Transmission

Started with Transmission Codes after a dealer CSP of carbon cleaning. These two incidents could be completely unrelated. But then again there is evidence of other users with similar instances.

Initial problems was Torque Converter Problem / VSC which transformed into my car getting stuck in 3rd gear and not going to the higher gears. RPM will be very high. This might be called a limp or safe mode to allow the car to drive. Codes P2757 and P0761

After much reading . I changed TCC and SLU solenoids along with a ATF filter and fluid change. Enough to get the color to change from black to something more red. Parts 35210-50010 (SL1/TCC) and 3528030050 (SLU)

After the replacement car shifted smoother and the Torque converter code went away. But still not going out of 3rd sometimes. Code changed to

P2714 and P0761 Solenoid C stuck off

Iv checked the resistance of each solenoid and it was within the literature value of a certain Manuel or about 0.2 Ohms higher than high operating value. I thought this was ok? As the new part I got for the TCC was also 0.2 higher. I also used techstream to command each solenoid to perform. In most cases I can hear a faint sound when each is activated. Wish it has the pressure value of each solenoid ( I couldn’t find it on my version of TS)

The only other steps outside of a new transmission would be ( none of which were said to be a definitive solution)

Change transmission wire? ( how would one check this to know if its ok?)

Replace Solenoid C 3524050030

Replace SLT 3529034010

Update Calibrations for transmission ( My dealer will not offer this said it won’t do anything)

Does anyone have experience with these issues or have a solution?

• 4 months later...

Hey jehmin,

My 07' IS350 is doing the same thing. It will not shift past 3rd gear. 

The shop replaced a solenoid but the problem came back 3 months later. 

Have you found a solution? Any info helps. Thank you.

• 2 years later...

I have an 06 gs300. Lots of research reveals pcm problems very common causing shift problems. There are many companies that rebuild , see Ebay listings. Mine starts blowing through shifts quickly when warmed up. Ive soldered on the pcm. I may send it out. It is shifting better after resoldering the trans circuits , resistors in the pcm. Still not right though.