Rear Window Tint Bubbling.

49 Ghost

We own a 1996 LS400, that has a problem with the rear window tint bubbling to the point that at night we cannot clearly see out the rear window.When trinmg to take it off the rear defogger ciols seem to be coming off as well. Does  anyone know how to correct this problem?

We own a 1996 LS400, that has a problem with the rear window tint bubbling to the point that at night we cannot clearly see out the rear window.When trying to take it off the rear defogger coils seem to be coming off as well. Does  anyone know how to correct this problem?

We own a 1996 LS400, that has a problem with the rear window tint bubbling to the point that at night we cannot clearly see out the rear window.When trying to take it off the rear defogger coils seem to be coming off as well. Does  anyone know how to correct this problem?

if the warmer coil is in fact behind the factory tint which is peeling off?  

source a replacement clean used window. money can be saved by removing them both yourself (your car/parts car). and only paying a pro to put the good one back in. dig around, not as hard as it seems if a pro does the last steps for you.

You have probably damaged the rear defroster already. Best course of action is to take it to a professional tint place and see what they can do. This is one of the dangers when applying tint to rear windows. How long has the tint been on there?

I received your pm 49 Ghost and As far As I know The LS never came from the Factory with tint that you can remove. The slight tint in the glass from the factory is built into the glass and has a code that you need to use when ordering replacement glass. Now the dealer might have put tint on the glass when they sold it but it's not factory tint.

This is why not to tint the windows. Any factory tints are added to the glass mix as far as I know. Any tint that is peeling is something someone wasted the $ to have done. And in the end someone gets stuck especially with the rear window heating elements, bye bye heated rear window.

I will never ever tint a car I care about.