Burning rubber smell in RX330 engine compartment

An intermittent burning rubber smell occurs after medium amount of city driving in 70 degree and dry weather.  Emergency brake does not seem to be engaged.  Smell is limited to the engine compartment, no smell around wheels and no unusual smell from exhaust pipe.  Any thoughts or troubleshooting suggestions?  Thanks

Have you checked around the exhaust manifold in the engine bay? If anything like a rubber hose or plastic part makes contact with either manifold (left or right), a burning smell can enter the driver's area.

I had a compressor clutch freeze up on another vehicle and it burned the belt so bad that the belt broke and wrapped around the crankshaft pulley.

Good to know. I'm going to do a search of the engine compartment for evidence of burning or chafing this weekend. I will keep the suggestions that you others have made in mind. Fingers crossed for something straightforward and relatively easy to repair. Thanks for the response.