Backup camera wiring pinouts and cam specs?

Does anyone know if it is possible to wire in a non OE camera to the factory NAV/backup?

Looking for improved night vision + guidelines.

Most aftermarket cameras seem to be 12V. Assume factory is a aswell. Aftermarket are generally RCA but factory connector is proprietary but maybe signals are useable?

If not mistaken OE parts are 86790-48060 for the camera, 86797-48060 for the cable.

Thanks!

Upon research...

These are the pins from factory

1 = CV -
2 = CV +
3 = CGND
4 = CB+

I believe that CB+ is 6V

So the question is is if anyone knows what the video out signal specs are for the factory camera?

Thanks!

• 5 months later...
On 23/3/2017 at 3:27 AM, lexisaurus said:

Upon research...

These are the pins from factory

1 = CV -
2 = CV +
3 = CGND
4 = CB+

I believe that CB+ is 6V

So the question is is if anyone knows what the video out signal specs are for the factory camera?

Thanks!

HI, I am forced to do this camera swap out due to a very foggy lens, I've stripped the camera and the outside lens is in a sealed piece of plastic - with the exception of a pinhole that lets condensation in. 

I've spent a lot of time searching about the option to put in a new camera but can't find any examples of someone showing what you were talking about.

Did you manage to get it working?

My RX400h is a 2006 and it has 4 wires coming from the harness, 2 black and one yellow and one red. I'd love to know what aftermarket camera you got and how you wired it up.

Many thanks.