rear camber

waeltzy

Hello everyone!  I'm new to the site.  My 2008 es350 passenger rear tire has a neg. camber (top leaning in ).  Went to Sears Auto to get this corrected as closret Lexus dealer is 20 miles away.  They said they could not correct as lexus does not have specs for this.  Anyone else have this problem?  I would appreciate any info.  Thanks

waeltzy,

Unfortunately there are few wrenchers on this forum who would be privy to that information. It appears as few Lexus owners are into fixing their vehicles themselves, unlike the Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Ford, etc. forums.

Part of that problem is due to Lexus not wanting the info and its factory service manuals in the public domain. Oh, you can buy one if you wish, but it'll cost you in excess of $600. Myself, I've found free copies of the factory service manuals online for my 2012 Subaru OutBack LTD and my 2016 Nissan 370Z Roadster. I've found parts of the FSM for my 2005 GMC dually, but not everything, and my wife's 2011 ES350 ... well I steal things from the Camry v6 manuals for the same year. Most of it is the same, but not all.

But there are some alternatives. The Toyota Camry V6 of that same year shares the same platform, and should have wheel geometry that is the same or fairly close to your ES350. As well, there are sites like AllData that will give you the info you seek for a fee, allowing you to download the section of the FSM you require for a 3 day period of time for $15 or so. I've never used them, but I understand its out there.

On top of that, try calling other alignment shops in your area, because I can't believe that many of them don't have the specifications, and maybe your guy just doesn't see enough Lexus vehicles to make it worth his while to buy the info from his software suppliers. Good Luck!

Hi Gene and welcome to the club.

I'm afraid I can't help you. This something I don't have any info worth reading.

What I am going to do is give you the information on one of our Moderators who has a very deep technicall background. His name if Ralph. Jim is another member who has worked on Lexus since 1999.

Jim is at:   

Please come back and let us know how things turned out.

Paul

Edited by pj8708