200.000 mile club, anyone else there yet?

Hi All, Tought I would show the reliability of these great cars.
My RX400h SE-L is still in great shape and still on the same Hybrid battery from new!

It's been serviced by Lexus Dealer twice a year for it's entire life so far.
Current mileage just about to go up to 250.000

Can any one else add to the list of 200.000 mile RX models?

IMG_3366.JPG

IMG_4354.JPG

I recall all too well when we bought our RX400h in April of 2005, all our friends and acquaintances who thought hybrids would never "pay back" their extra cost and that they were so complicated that repairs would send the owners to the poor house.

As a moderator in this forum for many years, I can say without a doubt that Toyota/Lexus hybrids proved the naysayers wrong, over and over again. A hybrid may not be for everyone but for those who live in densely populated areas, hybrids can make perfect sense.  

Congrats, jabowsi for helping to show the world just how dependable these vehicles are.

• Like 1

Hi, I too am new to the forum, my 05 RX330 has 246K still doesn't use a drop of oil between changes (I am strict on changes, if it's time, IT'S TIME). Just added push button start, with proximity lock & unlock, and remote start. 

Push button.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 254K330 said:

Hi, I too am new to the forum, my 05 RX330 has 246K still doesn't use a drop of oil between changes (I am strict on changes, if it's time, IT'S TIME). Just added push button start, with proximity lock & unlock, and remote start. 

Push button.jpg

Was it a kit or something you put together your self?

Thanks,

I ordered the alarm from Amazon for about $100.00. I did the install myself, however I do not recommend the novice attempt. It came complete, except for the immobilizer bypass, I did not use an external bypass, but followed included instructions as to how to use chip from key to allow car to start.

• 1 year later...

Well I am at 228k miles on my 2008 RX400h.  I have developed an intermittent vibration which appears to be related to the ice coming on or off....any thoughts.?

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this topic, I am at 180,000 miles on my 06 400h, and at a point where I need tires, front brakes, and likely the boot seals replaced on the suspension.  Engine, battery and tranny are strong and I have always serviced it well.  I am wondering if its time to trade it in.  Love the new Lexus interior hate the grill.  Audi Q5 seems perfect except for the frequent problems owners seem to have as posted in their forums.  The Lexus reliability has been great, do I invest a couple thousand in my current car, or go for new, what do you think.   Thank you in advance for any replies.  

• 1 month later...

You are correct in that the Audi is not very reliable after its warranty has expired. Do you really want the safety features available in the newer Lexus vehicles? There are quite a few that are very useful - laser cruise, backup proximity sensor warning, and blind spot warning are my favorites.

If these are not must-haves, you could get quite a few miles out of your current vehicle. A sales guy at our dealership told me he has seen many RX400s with well over 200,000 miles on them. 

• 1 year later...

I have a 2000 RX300 with 265,000 miles. Second owner. All repairs, oil changes regularity performed.
I just bought a 2006 RX 400h with 200,000 miles (second owner) so I guess I have entry into the 200,00 mile “club” 2x over! I also have a 2012 RX350 with 137,000 miles that’s just breaking in. I can say, without a doubt, Lexus IS the best car I’ve ever owned. Would not buy any another brand. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

update, now at 249k miles.  Just changed the rear three spark plugs, yup they were original.  also replaced coil on those cylinders as you have to remove intake manifold to replace the plugs.  two days ago replaced the radiator cooling fans with a TYC fan assembly saving big bucks.  Other than car needing new lower control arms it runs great.

Your plugs were due to be changed at 120,000 miles!

Ours is almost 15 years old (come April) and there is a slight oil seepage that makes its way to the exhaust manifold (smells a bit after driving for 30 minutes), but these are no visible signs of leakage. The oil level is always good and everything else is working well at 125,000 miles.

Yes I know, but family, downsizing house, and not looking forward to job interfered till I could get plugs changed.  Runs fantastic now.  Control Arms next, this will be second set. 

• 4 months later...

I'm at 314,000 with a 2004 RX, including a road trip from Columbus OH to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska as well as going across the Trans-Labrador Highway in Labrador and Quebec.  Just put in my second timing belt (above and beyond the original) along with some other things.  It's been a great ride and still quiet inside!  Buy good quality and take care of it and it'll take care of you!

Here is my Brand New 1999 Lexus RX300!  Just turned over 215,000 miles.  With the headlights replaced, it looks like a new car!  I removed and replaced all four door lock actuators, too!  Speaking of headlights, how do I adjust them?

20200628_120907_resized.jpg

20200628_121012_resized.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2020 at 6:27 AM, LarboYar said:

Here is my Brand New 1999 Lexus RX300!  Just turned over 215,000 miles.  With the headlights replaced, it looks like a new car!  I removed and replaced all four door lock actuators, too!  Speaking of headlights, how do I adjust them?

20200628_120907_resized.jpg

20200628_121012_resized.jpg

That still looks great! I have to polish the lenses every few years. They will never look like brand new headlights but for the $6 worth of materials, they look good enough.

I would think that new headlights would be mounted close to where the originals were mounted but in the event you need to adjust them, the the headlight adjustment hardware should be visible when you look around the headlights. You may be able to find a video of how to adjust them on Youtube.