AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

jabowsi

200.000 mile club, anyone else there yet?

8 posts in this topic

Hi All, Tought I would show the reliability of these great cars.
My RX400h SE-L is still in great shape and still on the same Hybrid battery from new!

It's been serviced by Lexus Dealer twice a year for it's entire life so far.
Current mileage just about to go up to 250.000

Can any one else add to the list of 200.000 mile RX models?

IMG_3366.JPG

IMG_4354.JPG

I am almost there, at 197k miles...on my RX400h, just changed timing belt, water pump, and idlers.....

1 person likes this

I recall all too well when we bought our RX400h in April of 2005, all our friends and acquaintances who thought hybrids would never "pay back" their extra cost and that they were so complicated that repairs would send the owners to the poor house.

As a moderator in this forum for many years, I can say without a doubt that Toyota/Lexus hybrids proved the naysayers wrong, over and over again. A hybrid may not be for everyone but for those who live in densely populated areas, hybrids can make perfect sense.  

Congrats, jabowsi for helping to show the world just how dependable these vehicles are.

1 person likes this

Hi, I too am new to the forum, my 05 RX330 has 246K still doesn't use a drop of oil between changes (I am strict on changes, if it's time, IT'S TIME). Just added push button start, with proximity lock & unlock, and remote start. 

Push button.jpg

wow that is cool where did you get that

1 person likes this

I want to know also.

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, 254K330 said:

Hi, I too am new to the forum, my 05 RX330 has 246K still doesn't use a drop of oil between changes (I am strict on changes, if it's time, IT'S TIME). Just added push button start, with proximity lock & unlock, and remote start. 

Push button.jpg

Was it a kit or something you put together your self?

Thanks,

I ordered the alarm from Amazon for about $100.00. I did the install myself, however I do not recommend the novice attempt. It came complete, except for the immobilizer bypass, I did not use an external bypass, but followed included instructions as to how to use chip from key to allow car to start.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By itsdancarl
      Hi i'm new to the forum, I searched already if this subject exists, didn't see anything close to my situation. I have a 1994 Lexus LS400. I bought the car from a sketchy guy, but the car was clean and i believed 178k miles sounded right. after owning the car a month I Car Fax'd it finding out that as of August 2007 it had 234k miles, and May 2010 it was found to have 190k miles. the next owner drove it to 246k miles as of August 2012. within the same owner, during another service, it was documented at 208k miles. He then sold it to me at 178k miles. I know he rolled it back and tampered with it, because the capacitors went out (Normal issue) and i had a professional change them. This car has OBD1 so I don't completely know how to roll it forward to be honest with the mileage, or even if its legal. any suggestions, thanks!
    • By TheLexGirl
      Okay so... I own a Lexus RX400h and I have noticed that when my A/C is on my car is not as quiet as it used to be. For some reason It was vibrating ONLY when the A/C is on and also made a rattling sound but kind of low. When I turn off the A/C the car goes to normal. My father checked under the hood and he thinks that it is the fan for the air conditioner. I am taking it to the dealer anyway to get it looked at but I would like to know if somebody here already did this service and how much it was. I already did a super complete service a year ago and they replaced a LOT of things. This service was almost $3,000. If I have to spend much more I swear I'll sell this car. -_-
    • By Sfdato
      I recently replaced my rear brake pads on my 2006 Lexus RX400h, and when I started the car after the replacement, there was a "Check VSC System" that appeared, with a red "BRAKE" logo, an orange "ABS" logo, and other logos came on too. I'm confused because I did a neat job on the brake pad change, and I'm wondering what's wrong with it. The owners manual says to contact your Lexus dealer, and I'm trying to find out if I can fix this problem myself before I take it to the dealer. The car is alright to drive right now, but I want to also know if it's okay to keep driving with the VCS and logo errors on.
    • By Melissa8
      This just randomly started showing up on our Lexus RX 400h.  The book says it's something related to the "traction battery status".
      Is this something I should be concerned about?
      Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

• By kpsudhir
      Hello Folks,
      I have a master key in working condition for my 06 Rx400h but I lost a valet key. I have cut a valet key from the dealer & surprised by the hefty charge just for programming the valet. The valet key lights the panel, air conditioner and radio etc fine but it wont start the engine. I see the security light blinking once every sec so it tells me that immobilizer needs to be programmed to accept this key.
      I have read and exercised some posts about reprogramming with a valid master key. But none have worked.
      Just wondering if anyone has programmed valet successfully on this vehicle and any help / standard steps how to proceed? 
      Thanks in advance