Rear end or tranny problem

Basco

Bought my first lx470.  Love the vehicle and I bought it site un seen. 2006, 96k miles, great condition. However, every now and then when accelerating from a stop, there's a thump, bump, bang...whatever you want to call it from the rear end or the tranny. Just trying to figure out if this is a normal thing in a LX or should I get it looked at?  I have only enjoyed GM vehicles until now. TIA. 

It has happened on my 1996, 2004, 2006 models. Obviosly I love this car... it is common. It can be allieviated by having the Toyota dealer  (which I prefer over Lexus) grease the slip slider yoke zirk fitting. But it will come back. No harm done 

On 3/11/2017 at 2:05 PM, Basco said:

[...] every now and then when accelerating from a stop, there's a thump, bump, bang...whatever you want to call it from the rear end or the tranny. [...]

Not familiar with LX470. But sounds similar to the famous GX470 crank shaft issue (or whatever it's called)... Maybe worth checking the GX forum for a reliable solution.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2017 at 10:48 AM, BlueVaporMist said:

It has happened on my 1996, 2004, 2006 models. Obviosly I love this car... it is common. It can be allieviated by having the Toyota dealer  (which I prefer over Lexus) grease the slip slider yoke zirk fitting. But it will come back. No harm done 

Had the zerk fitting greased and it fixed the thump. Thanks again.