AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Basco

Rear end or tranny problem

7 posts in this topic

Bought my first lx470.  Love the vehicle and I bought it site un seen. 2006, 96k miles, great condition. However, every now and then when accelerating from a stop, there's a thump, bump, bang...whatever you want to call it from the rear end or the tranny. Just trying to figure out if this is a normal thing in a LX or should I get it looked at?  I have only enjoyed GM vehicles until now. TIA. 

It has happened on my 1996, 2004, 2006 models. Obviosly I love this car... it is common. It can be allieviated by having the Toyota dealer  (which I prefer over Lexus) grease the slip slider yoke zirk fitting. But it will come back. No harm done 

Thanks BVM!  Appreciate the advice. 

Anytime, it took me a very long time and a lot of research to figure it out! 

On 3/11/2017 at 2:05 PM, Basco said:

[...] every now and then when accelerating from a stop, there's a thump, bump, bang...whatever you want to call it from the rear end or the tranny. [...]

Not familiar with LX470. But sounds similar to the famous GX470 crank shaft issue (or whatever it's called)... Maybe worth checking the GX forum for a reliable solution.

On 3/12/2017 at 10:48 AM, BlueVaporMist said:

It has happened on my 1996, 2004, 2006 models. Obviosly I love this car... it is common. It can be allieviated by having the Toyota dealer  (which I prefer over Lexus) grease the slip slider yoke zirk fitting. But it will come back. No harm done 

Had the zerk fitting greased and it fixed the thump. Thanks again. 

Anytime, it took me a very long time and a lot of research to figure it out! When you hear it again just remember what to say. I save it in the contact info for the dealer in my phone!

1 person likes this