1998 SC400 Rear Camera Mentioned in Brochure

moonunit

I was on EBay looking at SC400 brochures and saw this:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-1998-LEXUS-SC400-SPEC-SHEET-Brochure-Pamphlet-Catalag-/201202356650?hash=item2ed89851aa:m:muaHQsPW8IA6NVJi6dbHWqA

On the first page of the Spec Sheet, it mentions a factory rear camera and a screen inside the car that appears to be a factory part.  Is this a non-USA version, or was this available on 1998-2000 SC400s?  I have looked at several SC400s and I have not seen a display that was factory installed.  The only stereos I have seen were Pioneer and Nakamichi systems.

The brochure is non-official junk from some fly-by-night "business" that went by "International Masters".

But, yes, Lexus vehicles sold in Japan (all Lexus vehicles were sold as Toyota in Japan until 2006) and the rest of the world had audio/navigation systems that were different than in vehicles sold in the U.S. and Canada.   I don't know about the SC but a navigation system withi front and rear TV screens (over the air TV) was on the Toyota Celsior (aka LS400) in Japan as early as 1993,  I wouldn't be surprised if Japan market Toyota-Lexus cars got backup cameras in the 1990's as they had laser adaptive cruise control long before it was introduced in North American market Lexus vehicles.

5 minutes ago, 1990LS400 said:

The brochure is non-official junk from some fly-by-night "business" that went by "International Masters".

But, yes, Lexus vehicles sold in Japan (all Lexus vehicles were sold as Toyota in Japan until 2006) and the rest of the world had audio/navigation systems that were different than in vehicles sold in the U.S. and Canada.   I don't know about the SC but a navigation system withi front and rear TV screens (over the air TV) was on the Toyota Celsior (aka LS400) in Japan as early as 1993,  I wouldn't be surprised if Japan market Toyota-Lexus cars got backup cameras in the 1990's as they had laser adaptive cruise control long before it was introduced in North American market Lexus vehicles.

I had no idea.... impressive... I know Lexus set a lot of industry tech standards but that for early 90's is just awe inspiring.... Makes me want a new Lexus (if I could afford it without going into massive debt).