head lamp nightmare

ok, finally got the dreaded headlight moisture. took it in to get covered under the recall warranty and now they are telling me the car may have been in a accident and they can't cover it under the warranty. I have had car since 2010 and no accidents. the car fax report from CarMax where I purchased my 2008 rx400h was clean. the headlamp has no signs of damage other than moisture. I hate this warranty / no warranty. they want to charge 2 hours labor to diagnose whether the headlamp is damaged. I called Lexus customer no service and they opened a case bUT can't get back to me till friday. what's your thoughts, untIL this rain season I had zero issues with headlamps.

Without knowing any more than was posted, I believe that dealer is B sing U. I say this because even if the car was in a wreck before u got it and not repaired properly, the moisture problem would have surfaced far sooner than now. If u get no satisfaction on Fri. I would take the car to a certified auto body repair shop, and have them check it and put their results in writing.

agree totally. mechanic just came out and said headlamp was not damaged. but wanted to replace lamps as they are quite burned., but functional. I said ok, so 30 dollars for high beam and running light. rediculous, and that is why I do my own maintenance. just did second timing belt, idlers, aND waterpump last Saturday.  so I am not a newbie 

Our dash on the passenger's side was more glossy than the other areas and had a 1-inch crack in it, closer to the windshield. It was certainly not a gooey mess but it did see some very high (Summer) temps. Are you in northern or southern CA?