Car won't start and brake is not detected

Skib

My car is250 2008 is completely dead. The light on interior is normal but the start button never turn green (red only). I tried to pump the brake many times but it still doesn't work. I also replaced a new battery. what should I do? Thanks in advance! 

Hi Skib...welcome to the Forum

You could see if the stop lamps are working e.g. the brake light switch is actually working as if this was faulty it be the reason the system is not recognising it and therefore not starting?

Just an idea but worth checking first, let us know how you get on with it.

Cheers  Trevor

Hi Trevor, I already checked the rear stop light and it didn't light up when I stepped on the brake. I also checked the brake switch and it seems ok. 

I'll try to check it. I forgot to let you know that I removed th battery to fully charged then when I put it back, it won't crank or start. Should it be the main problem? 

No, the battery connection is good. The interior light comes on but when there is no brake light when I step on the brake. I also check all the fuse and it is ok. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bazzle said:

Interior light draws little current.

Can you turn on headlights or heater fan?

No. Is it because I removed the doors without discounected the battery? Is it because of the BCM? 

23 hours ago, bazzle said:
11 hours ago, bazzle said:

Battery may not have enough voltage for higher watts.

Put a voltmeter on battery and try what you have been doing and record voltage.

I fully charged it and still doesn't work. 

At this point, just tow the vehicle to a reputable Lexus dealership. Your better off having a Lexus technician just diagnose it, they can give you a better understanding with a health check/data. You probably have a bad brake switch, possibly corrosion in one of the wires, maybe a bad ground or a bad ecu. Does the vehicle at least detect the key? Try unlocking/locking with key fob. Then do what said in previous post.

• 6 years later...