door stuck shut

The right rear door on my 2001 Lexus GS 430 is stuck shut. The door panel can't be removed to access the works without opening the door. My mechanic could not open the door, and I've tried slim jimming it, without success. Has anyone had this problem? I suspect that, if I take the car to the Lexus dealer, they probably would cut into the door panel to open the door. I have looked on-line and found that door panels are very expensive. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I would suggest trying to get the door handle, the part inside that you use to open the door and hope and pray that the cable came off from the handle and not near the actuator part. I would then try and grab one of the cables, one is for lock / unlock and one is to open it. I am sure you have tried this although you did not say. 

You might be able to take the rear seat out, remove the weather stripping and try to remove the panel. You are in a really tight spot with this and I feel for you. 

Goodluck