2003 RX300 beeping sound while accelerating

Dena Williams

My Lexus 2003 RX300 is making a loud beeping sound coming from the dashboard area when accelerating.  When I apply the brakes, the beeping sound stops.  It usually only happens when the engine is cold and up getting up to a 50 mile an our or so speed, or when accelerating up a steep hill. Anyone else had this, or know what it is?

Hi Dena and welcome,

This is a new one. I've never heard of this problem before. This is just a way out there idea, but since the beep seems to start while the car is under a load maybe it might be linked to knocking using low octane gas.

Like I said just an uneducated guess.

Paul

• 4 years later...
On 1/26/2017 at 1:18 PM, Dena Williams said:

My Lexus 2003 RX300 is making a loud beeping sound coming from the dashboard area when accelerating.  When I apply the brakes, the beeping sound stops.  It usually only happens when the engine is cold and up getting up to a 50 mile an our or so speed, or when accelerating up a steep hill. Anyone else had this, or know what it is?

I have this problem - i think - happens when car not warmed up, seems to happen when accelerating.. also disengages cruise control when it starts. Generally doesnt stop until i pull over and get RPM under 900.

Did you ever figure out what was going on?